Sillitoe Day – 27th October – book now
The venue: Nottingham Contemporary.
The event: Sillitoe Day 2012, Nottingham’s second all-day event celebrating the life and work of Alan Sillitoe.
Join us from 11am – 5pm for …
- The launch of the Sillitoe Trail mobile phone app
- The launch of Alan’s seminal novel ‘The Open Door’, republished by Five Leaves
- William Ivory in conversation with Neil Fulwood on British Social Realism
- Nottingham writers Derrick Buttress, Michael Eaton, Al Needham, Ann Featherstone, Pete Davis and James Walker
- Sam Derby-Cooper’s short film ‘Mimic’, based on Alan’s acclaimed short story
- A preview of Frank Abbott’s remix of ‘Saturday Night and Sunday Morning’
Then stay with us throughout the evening for Sillitoe Night, same venue, 8pm – midnight …
- Spoken word with Notts attitude from MulletProofPoet, Sarah Shrugs and beatboxer Motormouf
- Live music from the Sleaford Mods and local legends Gaffa
Tickets for Sillitoe Day – including a free limited edition Sillitoe Trail book – are £15 from the Nottingham Contemporary: go here to book. Sillitoe Night is free, but we’d appreciate donations to the Memorial Fund.
We’ll see you there.